Tuesday, January 08, 2008

An Election Confession

I will never cast a vote for John McCain under any circumstance.

If he gets the nod, I will be writing in Mitt Romney or Fred Thompson. This would be the first time in my 42 years on this earth, that I break my hard rule of voting for ideology, during the primary and the party ticket, for the general election.
John McCain represents the most reprehensible form of politics to me. He represents the politics of consensus. I am not talking about the ideal dictionary definition of cooperation and bipartisanship, but the shameless Quisling style pandering to that great unelected body called the main stream media.
With the exception of Iraq, the man has been on the wrong side of every issue I care about.

You rarely see any compromise from the other side of the aisle, unless they are certain they can deny it later, or count on their media comrades to smother it. This means it always comes down to maverick 'conservatives' like McCain being the party in the senate shower room, who bends over for the soap. Ugh.

If the country plunges into the depths of despair, better it be done by swift decapitation, instead of a thousand razor slashes and the subsequent gangrene of a McCain presidency.

A person who cannot grasp the concept of first amendment liberties, the need to interrogate terrorist scum with any means necessary, the need to keep taxes low and immigration law enforced is not just the lesser of two evils. It is the choice between Tweedle-dum and Tweedle-dumber.

Sigh.

Oh yeah, The Boston Globe endorsed him. What does that tell you?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, at least you're not in a swing State, so it won't help the Democrats any!

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Well played. He is Bill Clinton without the midnight rendezvous.

Sezme said...

I'm disheartened by our choices. I wish Thompson had made a better run at things.

I'm at the same "crossroads" as you.

Ssssteve said...

I don't think he will win the nod. So it will be alright. Just relax! HA

Insolublog said...

damian - Very true. It swung left sometime and got stuck there.

Wyatt - Funny. I called him Bush without the tax cuts, judicial nominees or the full head of hair. Wait a minute, that's almost the same as Bill Clinton.

rt - I would be happy if he just started walking.

ssssteve - I will relax regardless of the GOP's shortcomings.