- My father just started kidney dialysis one week ago.
- The layoffs at work have left a tempest of loose ends, which may never be tied up.
- My best friend is melting down over his own horrendous year of family crisis management. I cannot do anything but offer my support.
- We are about to be assaulted with the worst political situation this state has seen in years.
- Terror and dhimmitude lurk around the corner.
- My diabetes medication prevents me from having a drink to kill this stress. I have taken up the Saxophone, as a distraction, having never played an instrument before.
- The neuropathy in my feet has been making a return performance. This makes me sleepless and more irritable.
I am finding it damn difficult to be optimistic.
I just lashed out at a clerk at Barnes and Noble today. I should not have.
Would you like to renew your frequent readers card, sir?
May I ask why, sir?
Because when I walk up to your register, I see you have a pyramid of offensive crap like this.. ( I hold up a box desk calendar, of 'Bushisms' ) on sale, for holiday shoppers. I am damn sick of it, lady. I am sick of this store. I only want this one book, since I do not wish to wait for the mail. And I never, ever, want to be associated with your frequent readers club, again.
Oooh, kay. I'm sorry you are upset sir. Thank you for shopping here, today.
I got half of the way home and I started to feel sick. I just slathered a considerable wad of my emotional balm on a person who did not deserve it. I do not like it when people do that to me. It is not her store. She may not approve of the way the items are stacked. I strongly felt like going back to apologize, but I did not take action to do it. This is one of those events that will be stuck in my regret cache for years to come.
Now I am here, laying it all on my readers. Sorry.