Take note of the war theme involved, where the primary source of little blue woe, are the bombs dropping from the skies.
I am going to put on my premonition cap, and take a few guesses on what your frightened children will not see in the film:
- You will not see smurfs lying dead from nerve gas experiments.
- You will not see a bomb laden smurf dash into a crowded school and detonate himself.
- You will not see suicide smurfs fly planes into buildings containing other smurfs.
- Smurfette will not have her genitals mutilated by Papa Smurf.
- Smurfette will not be forced to wear a full body burqa, and be beaten by young male Smurfs wearing turbans, if she doesn't.
- Smurfs will not be lined up and have their limbs hacked off by tribal foes, for refusing to work as slaves in diamond mines.
- You will not see the starving parents of starving baby smurfs told they cannot grow or eat food because it's genetically modified.
- You will not see baby Smurfs dying of AIDS, because telling their AIDS infected parents to engage in abstention might send the wrong message to the western community, which believes in freedom of copulation with anything at any time.