But then there is John McCain, who is living up to all of my prior judgements and expectations. He took the one single issue that he could have clearly placed in the lap of the Democrats, and he voted Yea.
His yea vote now takes his entire campaign against for earmarks and pork barrel spending right off the table. McCain voted yes for the second version of an already disastrous bill. The second version was larded-up with an additional 150B in earmarks and pork. So much for the maverick.
H.T. Les James on Radioactive Liberty.
We now have an openly criminal government with no accountability or respect for rules or law or freedom of markets.
- Our government refuses to enforce the immigration laws.
- Our government refuses to prosecute deadbeat debtors, propping them up for votes.
- Our government created this mess for socialist votes and socialist means and socialist ends.
- Our government refuses to prosecute or investigate outright voter fraud.
- Our government has been working diligently to undermine our property rights.
- Our government is now seizing our wealth and property.
- Our government looks at overt political abuse of our public schools and public institutions and tax-exempt institutions, for the sake of a single party and shrugs.
Our government is bought, paid for and is being effectively run by Russian style oligarchs who pump their fuel into the breeder reactor of the federal government and split our tax atoms for more fuel. That is the problem with big government. Big government has a big appetite and a big stick to hunt down its food. It is aggressively turning that stick into a big cattle prod to herd its food. The beast has learned how to create soothing animal farms for its food, with their nanny government proctors installed in the schools, universities and media. The MSM is now openly acting as a ministry of truth for the more potent of the two nanny government candidates.
The only thing we can do to this monster is slash at its feet and ankles at the ballot booth. We can only hope that we don't get swatted while we try to save our lives and our freedom. That is the only action that has any hope of bleeding this beast to death. This is going to be a difficult or impossible job.
Sigh. You know... I just cannot get enough of seeing my own state gay parade congressman, get roasted by Bill O'Reilly:
Just in case anybody forgot, here's Barney, trying to make the process 'accountable'. He completely ommited the 2004 meeting from his argument with O'Reilly. I am not surprised. Slide the time index from the YouTube video to 4:50 and watch. Then, slide the index to 6:05 and watch again.